The stress that a body is put through during intense physical training and daily life can be alleviated through massage therapy. Massage promotes circulation and stress relief and flushes out toxins from the body’s tissues. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it's geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
All are welcome to enjoy the benefits of Fusion Spa. (Membership not required)
Benefits of Massage
Massage is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. It is also helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Prenatal discomfort
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Therapists & Appointments
Chastity Gesink - License MA53949, for appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Parrish - License MA69069, for appointment, email email@example.com
Laura Walker - License MA21175, for appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thirty minutes $30
- One hour $60
- Ninety minutes $85
- Four one-hour sessions $200
- Four ninety-minute sessions $300
- Deep tissue upgrade $5
- Hot stone upgrade $10
Gift certificates available!
A free massage is given every week to a caregiver. If you care full-time for a disabled loved one, or would like to nominate someone who does, please email email@example.com.
Fusion Massage License: MM30495
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to make an appointment? Yes. We have three therapists coordinating clients, and appointments make this possible. Sometimes, same-day appointments are available.
What can I expect at my first visit? You may be asked to fill out a health history form. Afterward, the therapist will ask questions to establish what areas you would like worked on, and if there are any conditions needing to be addressed.
Do I have to be completely undressed? The most important thing is for you to be able to relax. Every massage client is different, and your therapist will be able to adapt to whatever level of disrobing you choose. However, garments can sometimes get in the way of long strokes or pressure points, so you will receive the most benefit by having your problem areas accessible. The therapist will step out of the room for you to get comfortable and situated on the table under the draping. Only the specific body part being worked will be uncovered.
What do I do during a massage treatment? Make yourself comfortable. Many people close their eyes and relax completely during a session; others prefer to talk. It’s up to you. It’s your massage, and whatever feels natural to you is the best way to relax.
Will the massage hurt? It depends on the type of massage. Some people enjoy the ‘feels good’ type of hurt, others don’t. Communicate with your therapist, and the massage will be tailored for you.